MDX tire pressure?????

Hello all:

I have a 2006 MDX Touring. The correct cold tire pressure as indicated on the panel of the drivers door says 32 PSI. The tires are the factory standard Michelin 235/65/R17. I checked the tire pressure with my digital gauge just a couple of weeks after I received the car from the dealer and they all indicated 42 PSI. I am pretty sure my gauge is accurate. Should I deflate these tires until it reads 32 PSI??? or is the indicated PSI on the door not accurate??

any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

john

Reply to
John

"John" wrote in news:rfvDg.11664$yE1.2958@trndny02:

Yes, deflate them. When the vehicles are shipped, they overinflate the tires to 40-50psi to keep them from flat-spotting. The dealer failed to set the tire pressure properly when they prepped it. I see this time and time again. Maybe 25% of the time they set the tire pressures properly.

Reply to
Nobody

"John" wrote in news:rfvDg.11664$yE1.2958@trndny02:

Keep the pressure at what it says on the door.

Check pressures when *cold*. First thing in the morning is good. Remember that for every 10ºF, you gain or lose 1 psi up or down.

The wrong time to check pressures is after driving the car.

Also, it's an excellent idea to obtain a second tire gauge, to serve as an accuracy check on your primary one.

Reply to
TeGGeR®