mixed tires for 03 TLS

Hi All
I bought a certified 03 TLS 3 months ago. The car came with new Michelin MxM4 on front and same tires with 26k miles on rear. I recently noticed a sidewall bubble on rear passenger. I called the
dealer and they said its not covered under acura warranty, I should talk to michelin.
I have to change this tire, and I would rather replace both rear tires. The question is which ones to go for. MXM4 are 200$s each and have very poor reviews. So far Yokohama Avid A4 seems to be a popular choice for this car. But I also read that they don't last too long (just about 20-25k miles). Does any one have a comment on that? I never push my car too hard, but I do like sportiness.
My next question is will it be OK to mix tires? Say 2 MXM4 and 2 Yokos?
Thanks Uday
On 12 Jul 2006 10:19:48 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@rediffmail.com wrote:

I would not hesitate to mix as long as the same tires are used on each axle (LF = RF and LR = RR), provided you *don't* push too hard. But some others may have different opinions.
Oldtimer with 2000TL
On 12 Jul 2006 10:19:48 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@rediffmail.com said:

Crappy tires.
--
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman

snipped-for-privacy@rediffmail.com wrote:

I'd put on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S or Pirelli PZero Nero M/S. I had both of them on my '04 TL before getting my current '05 RL and they are both excellent tires.
As for mixing? I hear it's OK as long as you stay the same on each axle but it'd make me nervous if i pushed a car hard (and I do).
I have Avid V4s on 2 cars - a 97 CL 3.0, and a 2000 Chrysler Sebring. I'm extremely happy with both ride quality and handling, compared to Michelins I've had recently. Plus if you shop around, the Avids are often available at a discount compared to Michelin.
No experience yet with tire wear, but it doesn't seem excessive so far on either vehicle.
My personal opinion - don't mix tires on a sporty car, as front and rear will have different handling characteristics.
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -