Nav display affected by cold temps?

I just chimed in on the earlier thread with a cold weather related question regarding tire pressure and have another. This week in CT we've finally
dropped into the high twenties low thirties for temps. In addition to my tire pressure guage going off I've noticed something else in my '06 TL. When starting the car in the AM my NAV display takes a while to 'warm' up. I'd say it takes about thirty seconds before I can even see anything but an extremely dim display. I could care less about the wait but am just wondering if the cold weather could simply be affecting the display or if this is the start of something else. I bought the car towards the end of last winter and can't recall any delay in the display firing up back then.

I don't know specifically about your display, but most display technologies have trouble with cold temperatures. That was one thing the CRTs did better than most of what we use now.
Mike
It was 12/9/2006 10:51 and Jim Tiberio wrote:

It's normal in cold weather for the Navigation Display to be dim until it warms up.
On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 22:45:25 GMT, Lee Florack said:

It's a LIQUID Crystal Display, so, yeah.
--
He who dies with the most toys wins.

Thanks guys, I wasn't too worried but like I said, I bought it last winter and I don't recall this happening then so I figured I'd ask.