Nav System Database Update

My 2005 TL nav system Database disk is getting a little long in the tooth, given all the road changes in the Washington/Baltimore area since I purchased the car.
Anybody got any advice on how current the latest edition is (updated through date?) When do they issue the new editions during the year?
Paul
said:

They don't update them very often. Dealers sell them for around $180. I've never been very tempted at that price...

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,