Navigation DVD ?

Hi Guys, I have 2001 Acura Cl with Navigation. I was wondering does any body has a up to date ( at least newer than mine ) DVD ? Or where can I get reasonable priced SW.
Thanks

What's "reasonable"..? I've never seen an inexpensive source for nav DVDs.

"I've come here to enjoy nature. Don't talk to me
Reasonable means reasonable!!
Some times people sell things that they don't want or they may have a copy that they are willing to sell less than retail price.
I hope I satisfied your question with my answers
said:

You are hoping somebody has already paid $250 and now decides they don't care about the system any more? The demand is powerful, so the price would still be high and the competition daunting. Otherwise you are talking about data piracy (and it doesn't sound like you are). The DVDs cost so much because a lot of work goes into compiling the info on them.
You can check out ebay, but I suspect you are likely to find more pirated DVDs than legit ones.
Mike
You might want to think about buying a stand-alone navigation system, such as a Garmin 330. They update your road maps AND your software for free. My 2000 Acura is still running with its original DVD and I have resisted paying $180 for a new DVD. From what I read they don't update the logic, just the maps.
John Finch

Hello All, Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will keep using my 2001 original DVD that car came with.
Thanks Again
Ozzy

said:

I looked over the list of current map updates for our 2004 TL nav system. There wasn't a single update for the Phoenix area, which has grown a lot with new streets, etc., over the past three years.
For that, I'm going to shell out nearly $200..?

"I've come here to enjoy nature. Don't talk to me
Michael Pardee wrote:

Actually the price is so high because Honda/Alpine has a monopoly on supplying them. I recall reading that there are only two companies which actually compile map data and then resell it to the many kinds of users. Somehow Yahoo maps and Google maps access that data at very low cost to the user and portable map machines (Garmin, etc.) offer updates for little or no fees.
The price is high only because they can get away with it.
Have you noticed how the price of portable GPS map units is dropping like crazy, yet the price of the GPS map option on Hondas and other cars stays stuck at nearly $2000?
John

I wold think that a DVD-based nav system would contain a lot more data than what can be stuffed into a self-contained portable unit.
Also, some in-dash nav systems, such as the one in our Acura TL, are integrated into the radio and bluetooth phone link, etc.

"I've come here to enjoy nature. Don't talk to me
Larry in AZ wrote:

A DVD can hold just short of 8 gig of data as a dual layer disk or just under 4 gig with a single layer disk. These capacities are now well within the range of flash memory.
It was 12/13/2006 14:55 and Larry in AZ wrote:

The nav system on the Acura's (RL 7 TL anyway) are also an integral part of the air conditioning system. Based on where you are, the time of day and the direction you're traveling (all resulting in the location of the sun), the system puts more a/c on the appropriate side.

You still didn't define what "reasonable" means to you...

"I've come here to enjoy nature. Don't talk to me
I have a Garmin StreetPilot III, and the map updates are NOT free. They update the software, but if you want updated maps they COST.