need some wisdom from an acura guru

My 91 integ is my life. I love that baby. Lately she's been real rough going into second and stays in second a long time before it shifts into 3rd
(its an automatic). Also, sometimes when I start it, it's like the idle is really low and it wants to die. Eventually it comes back to normal. Just wondering if there is anyone else this happens to. thanks