New Tires for '06 TSX

It's time for new tires on my '06 TSX. The OEM Michelins are ok, but I'd like something quieter and less expensive as 4 OEM replacements with road hazard warranty are > $1,100 at my local Discount Tire.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reply to
bob

Check out

and
It might be worth joining BJ's for the BFGoodrich g-ForceT Super Sport A/S H/V @ $135/ea + $15 installation/ea. Or wait until after Halloween when they usually offer free xmas season memberships.

Reply to
Bob Bailin

Bob,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, there's no BJ's Warehouse in my part of the country.

At Discount Tire they offer tire replacement certificates for a reasonable price that cover free tire replacement for 3 years or when the tires are down to 2/32 tread. At Costco, it's a prorated replacement. Unfortunately, I always drive through areas where tire damage is likely, so I've taken advantage of the Discount Tire replacement certificates on all my vehicles:-(

The only tire both Discount Tire and Costco carry for my car is the Bridgestone Potenza RE960 AS Pole Position. The tire prices are within pennies of each other. I couldn't get a total price from Costco.com as they appear to require non-session 3rd party cookies that I don't allow. Discount Tire is happy to give me an out-the-door price without anything other than session cookies.

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
bob

The most popular replacement tire for my TSX at Discount Tire is the Yokohama YK520 P215/50R-17 93V XL B.

I know I'm giving up a bit of load capacity compared to the OEM 95V, but I rarely have more than two people and luggage in it.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
bob

Take a look at

They will ship direct! Just a satisfied user.

Reply to
bmw

My son has used them before. Good prices but even with their road hazard=20 warranty, he had to buy the new tire, take the bad tire for an=20 inspection, and then be reimbursed. No thanks.

Bob

Reply to
bob

I went with 4 Yokohama YK520 BW P215/50R-17 93V with a 60K mileage warranty. The tires were $160 each.

The OEMs were down to the wear bars after 67K miles.

Of course they ride quieter, softer, better, etc. since we are comparing worn out tires to new tires.

I'll try to remember to post an update after 10K miles.

Bob

Reply to
bob

It's been about 10K miles. We've been in a drought most of the time I've had them on the car. So far, it seems that the OEM Michelins might have a little better grip, but not $100/tire better. Other than that, I don't notice any difference between the two.

So I'd say save the money and go with the Yokohamas.

Bob

Reply to
Bob