New transmission in TL

Well I got my 2000 TL back from Acura today. With 87k miles on it they put a new (remanufactured) transmission, fuel regulator, PCM (computer), and front
engine mount. I had to pay for the latter. I also had to pay for a new seatbelt that had a bad buckle switch that caused the SRS light to stay on. BTW he told me there was a SB and extended warrantee on the passenger seat sensor and computer for the SRS (but that turned out not to be the problem).
It drives like a new car! The general roughness I was experiencing was obviously the transmission. He claimed the remanufactured transmissions have all new guts. It seems to have extra parts attached to the top compared to the old one so hopefully there were some changes made to the design to fix the problems.
--
Ron Jones

Acura seatbelts have a lifetime warranty. You should not have paid for the belt buckle. The extra parts you are referring to is an oil injector kit and the new trans should not have one on it. However it wont hurt anything. Just sprays fluid on clutchpack/gear inside the trans fill hole.
David Short Acura God
It was listed as a "fuel regulator" and I assumed it was a fuel system component not part for the transmission.
Thanks for the information about the seat belt. I'll give them a call.
Ron

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:17:51 GMT, Ron Jones said:

I received a recall in the mail for my '01 TL. Something to do with:
Front Seat Belt Buckles and, Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS) Control Unit / OPDS Sensor
If the SRS light comes on and it's due to one of these components failing, they will fix it for free. They have extended the warranty on these components to 10 years / 240,000km.
--
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds
that I don't know the answer."