Next 1994 GS-R Question - Passenger Power Window Weak

Another minor annoyance. The passenger side power window will not lower without a little push-down help. It will elevate, however. It seems that the motor is weak on lowering. What might be the likely culprit(s)
and how many Ben Franklin's will be required to fix this newest reported problem?
Thanks, er, thanks Tegger :-)
T.H

Try a bit of silicone spray in the tracks first.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

apply silicone? Plus any narrative that would help make my effort successful?
Thanks.

The lube goes in the "run channels". These are the black-felt-lined slots that guide the window edges as the window runs up and down.
I should have asked first: Is the window reluctant to lower from ANY position, or only from fully-closed?
If /only/ sticks at fully-closed, then it's sticking in its channel at the very top (and the angled part that meets the windshield). That would be where the silicone spray would be administered.
If it's sticking in /any/ position, then the run channels on either side are where the lube should go.
If lube is applied with no success, then start looking more deeply at the problem.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

http://www.nextag.com/silicone-lubricant-spray/shop-html
has several options. Is one any or much better than the other?
I am assuming a wet spray is all that is available...
T.H

Use whichever one you can find at your local hardware store; they're all pretty much the same.
Industrial supply shops often stock a dry powder spray as well as the wet spray. I'm not sure one is better than the other in your case.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

outside. I applied the silicone spray and operated the window up and down through several cycles.
It is much better.
But, the motor labors about half way down (only) but gets the window down. It elevates without any noticeable labor. What might that be?
Also, I found a DRY lubricant, PTFE-based, aerosol can. Would that be compatible with the materials it would come into contact with for this problem?
Does your website have a snail-mail address for contributions? I do not do EFT's.
Thanks, T.H

Some of it is, yes. The rest is inside.

Possibly the part of the track that you can't get at with the spray because it's inside the door.
Sometimes hangups like this are due to worn parts, but the passenger- side usually gets quite a lot less wear than the driver's side, so wear is probably unlikely.
It's possible the regulator's horizontal track is dry of lubricant, but you can't see that unless you start taking the door apart.
I think you'll need to remove the interior door trim panel and rain- protector sheet and visually observe the window's travel up and down. Repeated ups-and-downs while watching carefully will either solve the problem through lubricant distribution or reveal the source of the hangup. Plus this will allow you to spray that part of the run channel that's hidden inside the door.

Teflon works about as well as silicone, I've found. I forgot about PTFE, otherwise I would have suggested that as well.

Thanks for the offer. Every bit helps. You can send contributions to the address given in the Whois info in my site's DNS records.
Now if there were some way to donate more hours for each day, I'd be better able to apply all the site updates I have lined up...