No more RSX?

Page 2 of 2

These days,low,wide cars from the factory are no more;the beltlines have risen for safety reasons(side-impact protection,SUVs...) and cars made narrower for low drag.
Tall,narrow and egg-shaped are the cars of today.(YUK!)
Just compare an Integra with an RSX,and you can see it!
The RSX is more egg-shaped,higher,like they put an airhose to the car and inflated it.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 2 Jun 2006 17:32:31 GMT, Jim Yanik said:

That's why the 01 TL is so much prettier than the new one.
--
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds
that I don't know the answer."
Jim Yanik wrote:

I sure have noticed the same thing. Beltlines are way up in most classes of cars. Passive safety is unfortunately taking precendence over visibility. We have a '93 Volvo 240 for our daughter. Not a pretty car, but every time I drive it I am amazed at the outstanding visibility the driver has in all directions. When I get in our Accord or TSX I feel like I can't see a darn thing by comparison.
High beltlines, massive pillars and egg shape design all take away from the driver's visibility.
I guess that with most drivers spending so little time actually looking at what is going on outside of their heads it might be the right trade off :(.
John
thank God for that
thank god