Oil Pan--??

1991 Integra--243Kmiles. My oil pan gasket is leaking. Also the oil plug was stripped out years ago and replaced with a self threading replacement plug......actually on the second one of these. Everytime I
have my oil changed, have to deal with stopping the oil plug from leaking.
Therefore, I am considering replacing the oil pan and gasket. Any one know the cost of an oil pan replacement?? Is this something that can be done easily? Looking at the oil pan, looks like alot of other things have to be removed in order to get it off.
Thanks!!!

You should have your oil changed by sentient beings who understand what a torque wrench is for and how it is used. Chimpanzees are not sentient beings, even if they are employed by Jelly Lube.

$200 for the pan itself.

Somebody else here has done this, and will chime in, I'm sure.
I had mine replaced 12 years ago by the dealer that screwed it up in the first place. They paid for it (snicker). The replacement? It's fine. Under MY care.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
It was not Jiffy Lube, but end result the same....... Will look online for better price for an oil pan. THANKS!!
TeGGeR wrote:

I just removed mine 2 days ago because of minor leaking and to check the condition of the screen (my 2003 Audi 1.8 turbo sludge problem w/ clogged screen has me paranoid).
You have to remove that frame brace that runs along side the front exhaust pipe. Probably have to remove that too. My pipe was already off because I was changing the head gasket.
Let some penetrating oil soak in. I was afraid the bolts would give me trouble, but they came off in good condition even though my 91 Integra has spent most of its life outdoors. Still, 1/2" drive sockets with a breaker bar may be necessary.
Even though my manual didn't mention it, I had to remove the two corner braces from the engine to the auto tranny so that I could remove a sheet metal flywheel cover that was blocking the pan.
I think that's about it, but I forget the pain quickly.
--Art

If I understand you right, you are already on the double oversize plug. If not, NAPA carries them for when the grease monkeys overtighten the single oversize.
Mike