oil pressure light

I replaced the timing-belt and water-pump about a month ago. As of yesterday my oil pressure light comes on and stays on, after my car warms up. The thing is, it has oil and doesn’t overheat.
1990 acura integra Any help would be great.
âś–

********************* Do not drive this vehicle until you are certain that the oil pressure is good. If you drive it and pressure is actually low, you will destroy the engine very quickly. A good replacement will cost at least $2,000, parts and labor. *********************
The fact that the light comes on only after the engine warms up is of real concern, as that is a sign of severely worn main bearings.
If you rev it to 3,000rpm when warm, does the light go off or begin flickering?
I am unable to find mention of an oil pressure relief valve in my manual, but on some vehicles, such a valve can stick open, preventing pressure from building up. This typically happens to neglected engines.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

What TeGGeR says - find out what the oil pressure is *really* doing before driving again. If you don't DIY, have it flatbedded to the shop. It may just be a bad oil pressure switch, but the stakes are way too high for that gamble. If you like, you can blindly replace the switch (with a genuine Acura part) at home and let it warm up, and see what happens. If the light stays out, all is well. If the light comes on, rely on a professional. Oil starvation is usually symptomless and is always catastrophic if ignored.
Mike
Add pictures here
âś–
I have a '91 Integra with an intermittent oil light. I had the oil sending unit replaced (not Acura part) and it still comes on from time to time. It is weird, I notice it will come on mostly when the weather is rainy/wet/damp. Sometimes it will flash on and off for short periods of time, sometimes it comes on for hours. This has been going on for about 2 years now. Oil level makes no difference, has come on with oil full, 1/2qt. low, or 1 qt. low. The car has 243K miles on it and uses 1 qt. of oil every 4K mile oil change. After 2 years I assume the problem is with the oil sending unit, since the engine runs great, no smoke, no knocks.................yet.
gilby wrote:

Add pictures here
âś–

Not to worry you, but it would be a good idea to find out what is going on. My son's ancient Toyota started doing that, and it went a month or so without symptoms until it threw a rod on a long freeway hill climb. But we had talked it over when the light first appeared and decided whatever the problem was it would be more work to fix than the car was worth ($200 or so).
Putting a guage in place of the sender will tell you how close to the edge you are dancing, or if you are not close at all. But you can never safely ignore a warning, because sometime it may not be a false alarm.
Mike
Add pictures here
âś–