Opinions on Legend coupe?

Ok I didn't get much help with the Integra question...that's ok
My next question is about a Legend coupe, 5 speed, whats your opinion on this car? Could an older example be used daily if it was cared for? Are they
pretty nice cars?
they're great cars! I'm on my second Legend coupe.
as with most cars that have relatively high mileage, one should have funds for the parts needed for extending its life.(e.g.: water pump, cv joints, timing belt, radiator, thermostat, power steering pump & hose, a/c, etc.) depending how long you intend on driving it.
My first was the first generation(lots of compliments, sold), and my current one is of the second gen. Which generation were you pertaining?
I got this(and first) Legend bcs I always liked the design. If I wanted just a dependable daily driver with inexpensive parts, I'd get an Accord or some Toyota.
need more info, surf over here...
legend.org
for more newbie and faq,go here... acuraworld.com acura-legend.com
hth, J

Thanks for the response, James. I would be looking for a first gen Legend, and i'm also considering a Gen II Integra. I'm going back to college in the fall to finish my degree, and wanted a cheap commuter car so I could just tuck my sports car away in the garage.
If your still around, here's a few quick questions for you. I'd be looking for a coupe with a 5-speed and nothing less. I've seen a few like this for sale, but most of them have 175,000 miles plus. Should I be scared of something with high miles like this, or are they pretty robust? That's about all I need to know. I'm looking forward to my first test drive. I owned a 88 Toyota Supra for two years, and I expect it to drive a lot like that car did: powerful, smooth and comfortable.
With 175k miles on it; you would definitely be prepared for the cv joints, axle shafts, pump, timing belt, powersteering pump & hose, rad, ignitor, just to name a few. I would recommend a compresion check to see if there's still life in the block. At 175k miles ts not bad, my first Gen1 had 180k when I sold it....I just got tired of the power windows getting slow, and one piston ring was weak(little smoke). I would say it still had 40k miles left before some major replacements.(I had a new reman tranny in there at 120k miles...so it was good for another 100k miles)
So I would be concerned for compression and some of the other stuff. For a cheap commuter car...I'd recommend something else....you can probably save more money.
What sports car are you mothballing?

It's an 86 Porsche 944. I've put too much into it just to let it go, and besides I really like it. I figured after the 944, doing maintence on a Legend would seem dirt cheap ;) Just for the sake of comparing, I paid $1500 for the major front end service (water pump/t-belt plus a few other small things). I'd imagine with a Legend you could get that done for under $500, depending who's doing the world.
You are correct on one thing - it depends on who is doing the work.
I have a '93 Legend Sedan (auto also so this is a little different from what you are looking at), but I love it. I only wish I could use mid-grade in it instead of premium gas. I've tried mid twice but it was too damn noisy to live with.
Just crossed 112K miles recently and no major problems. Replaced the boots, timing belts etc.
Timing belt, water pump etc (the whole standard repair deal) came to a little over $700 at a local acura dealer. If I had the time to take it across town I could have had it done for just a little over $500 at a shop that specializes in Hondas and Acuras, but it not a dealer.

Very comfortable, rides nice and handles great for a car this size. Best car I've ever owned.
The older Legends are now 18 years old. The newest ones are 10 years old. They will be more reliable than most cars their age, but they are still getting pretty long in the tooth.