parking problem

I have a 1990 intergra,its automatic and i have a problem when i put it in park mode. i have to fight with it before the lcd light comes on. even sometimes when shift to a low gear and go back to drive i have the same problem, i have to push it up a little for the LCD light to come on. I was thinking if my gears are going or clutch/pressure plate..

any comments.

Reply to
suecer

"suecer" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

An automatic doesn't have a clutch.

Several possibilities:

1) your shift cable is out of adjustment; 2) the shift position switch in the center console is gummed up 3) the shift position switch in the center console is out of adjustment.

Shouldn't be a difficult fix, for a competent wrench.

Reply to
Tegger