parking problem

I have a 1990 intergra,its automatic and i have a problem when i put it in park mode. i have to fight with it before the lcd light comes on. even sometimes when shift to a low gear and go back to drive i have the same
problem, i have to push it up a little for the LCD light to come on. I was thinking if my gears are going or clutch/pressure plate..
any comments.

An automatic doesn't have a clutch.
Several possibilities: 1) your shift cable is out of adjustment; 2) the shift position switch in the center console is gummed up 3) the shift position switch in the center console is out of adjustment.
Shouldn't be a difficult fix, for a competent wrench.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ