Plastic edges on wheelwells - 90 Integra

I have plastic edges (black) on the wheelwells of my 90 Integra to "supposedly" prevent the edge from rocks etc.
My autobody shop said these should be removed as water gets between
the metal & the plastic and causes rust to speedup. Which is the case of my baby. He said the newer Acuras no longer have these.
How do you remove them? Are they glued or do I just rip them off? BTW, I am not referring to the after market, cheapie moulding that some users put on.
BIG thanks.
DeWayne dchiass(at)telus(dot)net
Add pictures here
âś–
snipped-for-privacy@aci.com wrote in

It does, too. Very well.

Cost savings. That's the only reason why they don't have them.
What you need to do is remove them once a year, wash all the dirt and crud out of them and off the wheel well lip, let dry overnight, spray liberally with Rust Check or Krown, then reinstall.
Unfortunately, in your case, you will never get rid of your rust at this point, regardless of whether or not you have those guards.
Mine are totally rust-free.

The molding has a bead of white adhesive in the bottom of its "U" shape, similar to the stuff that holds your vinyl door sheets on. It sticks to the edge of the wheel well lip.
Just grab one end and pull slowly. It'll eventually peel off.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–