Premium Gas in a base RSX?

Is there any advantage to running 91 octane gas in the base model RSX? I know the type s recommends 91 octane, but the regular version only requires
87 octane. So am I just wasting my money by filling up with 91 octane??

YES. you only need hi-octane for high compression motors.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yes.

Right now you're wasting A LOT of money on premium gas. I tried a tank of premium in my base rsx once, and couldn't tell any difference.
but doesn't the type S and non type S have the same engine? Ones just tuned better?

Correct. But tuned differently is more correct than tuned better. There are some components that are different, and the ecu is set differently to take advantage of the components.