problem with 91 acura integra

When try to start I get click click click....... Broke down in highway.....boosted it and it started.......then half way home bucking like crazy then shut down and now will not start with
boost.....click click click
Suggestions? My guess starting motor
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:22:18 -0230, "Devils Advocate"

Possibly. Also bad battery, bad battery connection, bad cables, bad starter solenoid.
Try this. Turn headlights on. Try the starter. If the headlights do not dim, the starter isn't drawing current or the starter solenoid isn't letting current through. If the headlights dim, the starter is drawing current but bad cables or connections aren't allowing enough current to flow.
See also http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq /
Its nothing to do w/ the battery as I installed a new one.

Igniter, maybe.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#stalling
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

failure to crank, and dying when it had been running. My hunch is a connection in the battery wiring or similar.
I am especially puzzled by the sequence. It was running, then died but started with a boost (suggesting the battery wasn't charging even though you were on the highway)... then died with symptoms that are consistent with the voltage fading away, but wouldn't crank even with a boost.
If you reach the point of needing to try *something* I'd recommend replacing the battery (or swapping with another car) and replacing the battery cables - or at least giving them a good inspection and cleaning.
Mike
I concur with Michael, I've had relatively new cars with the same click-clicking and there was nothing wrong except for the battery. Time to get a new battery...

New battery installed, and connection to battery are clean as whistle. Now it could be wiring possibly or perhaps starter.

Although the starter wouldn't explain the dying.
Mike