Q. about Replacing Air Filter

2004 TSX/AT

I replaced the air (in-take) filter after 28K miles, first time doing this myself. Here is the old one

Question:

1) I want to make sure I didn't screw anything up: So what are the signs that I can sense that indict something is NOT right ?

2) This old one is not re-cycleable is it ? like no place takes it back for re-cycle ?

thanks !

Reply to
tsx_dog

"tsx_dog" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Basically, if the seam is even all the way around, it's back correctly.

Not recyclable. Toss in trash.

The materials are worthless anyway, like most paper and plastic. There's a reason the government has to give subsidies to paper and plastic makers to get them to take post-consumer waste.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

thanks Assume the filter is put in "crooked" somehow or say there are some gap(s) or say the housing is not tightened enough

what are the signs I can hear/feel when the car engine is running ?

Reply to
tsx_dog

"tsx_dog" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

None.