Q. about Replacing Air Filter

2004 TSX/AT
I replaced the air (in-take) filter after 28K miles, first time doing this myself. Here is the old one
http://static.flickr.com/77/227741387_9fee2a0d8a_o.jpg
Question: 1) I want to make sure I didn't screw anything up: So what are the signs that I can sense that indict something is NOT right ?
2) This old one is not re-cycleable is it ? like no place takes it back for re-cycle ?
thanks !
Add pictures here
âś–

Basically, if the seam is even all the way around, it's back correctly.

Not recyclable. Toss in trash.
The materials are worthless anyway, like most paper and plastic. There's a reason the government has to give subsidies to paper and plastic makers to get them to take post-consumer waste.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

thanks Assume the filter is put in "crooked" somehow or say there are some gap(s) or say the housing is not tightened enough
what are the signs I can hear/feel when the car engine is running ?
Add pictures here
âś–

None.