question about 3.2TL car jack

I had to change a tire and the car jack that came with my 2003 3.2tl seemed to operate somewhat awkwardly making loud clicking noises at odd intervals
when I was using it to raise the car. I definitely put the jack under the reinforced area. The loud clicking noises were coming from the jack itself. I don't recall these types of jacks as being noisy in operation, so I want to make sure nothing is defective.
Is it normal for the kind of car jack included with the 2003 Acura 3.2 TL to make loud clicking noises when raising the car? (The clicking noises seemed to happen at odd intervals in time)
Thanks,
J.
I had to change a tire and the car jack that came with my 2003 3.2tl seemed to operate somewhat awkwardly making loud clicking noises at odd intervals when I was using it to raise the car. I definitely put the jack under the reinforced area. The loud clicking noises were coming from the jack itself. I don't recall these types of jacks as being noisy in operation, so I want to make sure nothing is defective.
Is it normal for the kind of car jack included with the 2003 Acura 3.2 TL to make loud clicking noises when raising the car? (The clicking noises seemed to happen at odd intervals in time)
Thanks,
J.

If it is a normal scissor jack it may be bent. Had a Honda Accord scissor jack in which the car rocked back slightly and bent the jack. It would make a funny sound as well but I think it was fairly uniform.

You're probably holding the crank handle on a sharp enough angle to make the cross-pin click against its recess.
--
TeGGeR?

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
<<You're probably holding the crank handle on a sharp enough angle to make the cross-pin click against its recess. >>
That may be what was happening. I'll try testing it out again.
Thanks,
J.