Question about Aftermarket Header

Question about Header:

1) How does a "header" like this
performance ? In which way, HP gain ?2) Like how many HP would this add ?3) What are those wheel-like things ?thanks
Reply to
tsx_dog

"tsx_dog" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

The "header" allows for a more free flow of gasses through the motor. Less backpressure. Better charging and exhaust of the cylinders means more HP. The motor has to suck in air/fuel mix,then pump out the burned exhaust,and the less restriction in doing that means more power.

The "wheel-like things" are replacement cam drive pulleys,probably undersized to use less HP for driving the valvetrain.(How that's supposed to work,I don't know.)

Only a dyno test would show how much more power you achieve with these mods.

A lot depends on how good the original setup was.

I suggest you try the header first and see how that goes.

The cam pulley mod is probably a job for someone with the right tools and knowledge to insure the cam timing does not get altered.(possibly damaging you valves and cylinder head.)

Reply to
Jim Yanik