Question about Aftermarket Header

Question about Header: 1) How does a "header" like this
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5410/copyofacuratsx099ys7.jpg improve performance ? In which way, HP gain ?
2) Like how many HP would this add ? 3) What are those wheel-like things ? thanks

The "header" allows for a more free flow of gasses through the motor. Less backpressure. Better charging and exhaust of the cylinders means more HP. The motor has to suck in air/fuel mix,then pump out the burned exhaust,and the less restriction in doing that means more power.
The "wheel-like things" are replacement cam drive pulleys,probably undersized to use less HP for driving the valvetrain.(How that's supposed to work,I don't know.)
Only a dyno test would show how much more power you achieve with these mods.
A lot depends on how good the original setup was.
I suggest you try the header first and see how that goes.
The cam pulley mod is probably a job for someone with the right tools and knowledge to insure the cam timing does not get altered.(possibly damaging you valves and cylinder head.)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik