Question about Fobs

I have a 99 Acura TL that came with 2 fobs. One of them is sonewhat damaged but working, so I decided to get some replacements on Ebay that I would consider in mint condition. The batteries are like new, and I
have programmed the car for the new ones, yet the 'new' fobs do not work well. The lock/unlock functions work ok most of the time, and the trunk button rarely gets a response from the car. Sometimes it sounds like the trunk soleniod responds partly, next time ok, then not at all.
Yet the original fobs work perfectly fine. Also, the FCC #'s match on the back of the fobs.
Any ideas? Steve