Question for an Acura Technician

I have an '00 Acura 3.2TL diagnosed by Acura as bad EGR valve. They cleaned the ports for $212 and wanted another $349 to install a new EGR valve. That's more than I can afford right now. These are cheaper on eBay!

So, will a '00 Honda EGR valve from an Accord or Oddessy work on my car? The look the same. But are they?

Thanks,

James

Reply to
James

Try an auto parts website (like Advance --> partsamerica.com) look up the part for both cars and see if you get the same part numbers.

Reply to
Art M

Thanks Art! I checked this out and found that the part numbers are the same for the Honda Accord of the same year.

What I find interesting is that there are people out there that sell these things on eBay that get roughly $50 more for the same part...Just because it has the name Acura associated with it. It's a 'buyer beware' world out there! ;o)

Thanks again!

James

Reply to
James