RDX

Page 1 of 2
I went to a new model ride and drive for the new RDX. I was impressed with the vehicle overall. Handled great with a touch of understeer but body roll
was really non existant. The only that I can say that was a slight disappointment for me was the acceleration off the line. It does have some turbo lag despite what the ads say. It is slight though and can be overcome by easing the throttle instead of mashing it to the floor. Interior was very nice and comfy with plenty of room. I am 6'1" and about 250lbs and I had no problem with the seating front or back. The BMW X3 is their target competition and they had some X3's there to drive and compare. NO comparison in my opinion. RDX looks and feels like a luxury vehicle while the X3 seems spartan and boxy to me. But that is just my opinion. The X3 does have more oomph off the line but the RDX easily overcomes after the lag is gone. Of course I am partial because I am the Acura God!! Oh and the MSRP is 32,995 for the standard version and 36,495 for the tech package whic includes Handsfree Link, voice activated Navi, and an ELS 410 watt stereo that kicks butt!!Also includes TPMS with actual pressure readout instead of just an indicator for which tire is low like the standard model. There will be 19in wheels available for the vehicle also. Go get you one!!!
David Short Acura God

Does that have a full-size spare with matching wheel? The 360 degree exterior shot on the acura.com site shows no spare, so I'm betting on no...

No it is a large compact spare.
Acura God wrote:

yet another Silly Urban Vehicle. just more oil dollars to the mullahs. Not bloodly likely will I get me one!

Just another jacked-up station wagon,IMO.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Then dont get one! In America we have a choice. You can drive a cracker box like a Prius etc or you can drive a Suburban. Up to you! I drive a Suburban and I buy the gas for it. You know why? Because I CAN! My gas hog might get some smirks from the tree huggers but if we meet by accident I WIN. Just ranting sorry!
David Short Acura God
Acura God wrote: snip

and yet you feel the need to shill for Acura... you must fix 'em.
Yes I do fix them. And I fix them well. I do have an Acura though. It is a 91 Legend with 225k miles on it just that the Suburban is a better family vehicle. And I don't know what shill means! LOL
David Short Acura God

It's really really hard to take you seriously. No, really.
You dont need to take me seriously cuz I dont take myself seriously. BUT if you need your Acura fixed I AM THE MAN!
David Short Acura God

Well then good! We're both in the same boat. Where do you fix acuras? Anywhere near Nashville TN?

In Indianapolis. Been doin it on Acuras since 1990. You work at a dealer?

no no no - I meant same boat as in not taking ourselves too seriously. I was originally enjoying a guffaw at your post, which I'm pretty sure is what you meant by it.
Keep up the godliness!

see no reason to "move up" to Acura. If I want performance and fun, Honda offers the S2000, 6spd Accord coupe, and Civic SI. The Pilot (which we have) seem like a far better deal than the MDX. And, the Accord I4, which runs on regular, seems like a far better alternative than the TSX for a substantial difference in price.
tww wrote:

It's not a rebadged CRV.
Honda/Acura makes great vehicles. My wife has a CRV that has been (and continues to be) a very excellent vehicle. In fact, we'll be buying a replacement for it next year.
As to your question about why would someone buy an Acura rather than a Honda, let me say that like anything else, it's a matter of choice (opinion). Here's mine. Acuras are more upscale than their Honda siblings. Fit and finish are good on both but Acuras are better. Styling is better. Performance is greatly improved. Driving Acuras is simply more fun than the very good Hondas. Again, this is MY opinion. If someone doesn't agree or doesn't care about those things I just mentioned, then Honda is an excellent choice.
BTW, I currently own an Acura RL -- after two Acura TL's. (Again, my wife owns a CRV.) One of my son's owns a Honda Accord. My other son owns an Acura TSX.

They're made on the same assembly lines...
Nobody wrote:

I don't think that's true -- at least not in all cases. I know the two TL's I've owned were made in Ohio. I don't know that anything other than TL's is made at that plant. The RL I now own was made in Japan. I don't remember which plant or if anything else is made at that plant. Also, the designs are different, they use different materials, components, etc. and the tolerances are different for different vehicles.

Accords and TL's both assembled at Marysville, OH plant.

my car off and they run me home and pick me up when it's ready. If I choose to wait, it typically only takes an hour or so. The Acura dealer is a round trip drive of over two hours and only local shuttle service. So, you have to have someone follow you and leave the car and do the same thing all over again when it is ready. The Lexus dealer in the same area (we owned an RX 300 for a while) would arrange a loaner when you needed service unlike Acura. BMW, also in the same location -- a one hour drive, will so the same or even pick your car up, and leave a loaner in its place. So, convenience plays a big part in my choice.
tww wrote:

Absolutely! The Acura dealer in my area is not inconvenient to get to and they have been pretty good so far. They did p*ss me off during the last service but they are normally very goos, so we'll give them another chance. The car (RL) is excellent though, so that counts too! :-)