RDX

Lee Florack wrote in news:X_7zg.8890$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

What did they do to piss you off?

Reply to
Nobody

Short version: This spring, I took the car in for a normal maintenance visit but also asked that a specific TSB be done as well (involves rattle fixes in the dash and console). I even brought in a copy of the TSB so they'd know what I wanted fixed -- and that it was an existing, known issue with instructions of what to do. When I picked the RL up, the TSB had NOT been accomplished because, "the tech couldn't hear any rattles". The problem with this is that I still could and they didn't even try to contact me to discuss it or gain more information, whatever. If they'd called, I could have told then that the majority of the rattles had recently disappeared with the warmer weather but they would return with the cooler weather in the fall -- just like they'd existed for the 5 months since I'd had the car (bought in November). I'd held off a for the first service visit in the hopes it'd cure itself. It didn't until it got warmer.

Anyway, they just didn't fix it OR contact me. When I pressured the tech writer, he made the stupid mistake of blaming the tech. Although I understand that it's partially the tech's fault, it ultimately is the service department's fault -- and they BOTH worked there and screwed up my instructions.

They finally admitted they had absolutely no reason not to fix it as I had requested and they promised to fix it next time I'm in, blah, blah, blah. We'll see.

Reply to
Lee Florack

Interesting! One would think that the level of service for the top-of-the-line Acura would be better. Although my experience with Acura is

15 years old with an Integra, I found better service from my local Honda dealer when I traded off on an Accord.
Reply to
tww