Re: Integra "reving" itself?

Sorry for the delay. I checked and the rpm seems to bounce back and forth from 1 to 2 or any variation in between. Almost seems like its not geting enough of something. I thought it was just a clogged fuel injector.....

Thanks Mike! > > I'll check that out this weekend. > > TeGGeR?, > > I don't really know how else to describe it. The engine revs itself over and > over for a few minutes. It sometimes seems to be triggered whenever I park > on an incline/decline for a bit. Like I mentioned earlier, this only happens > after its been sitting for a few hours. > > Thanks. > -RG > > > > > Hi everyone, > > > > > > Great newsgroup! Not all trashed up like so many of the others. > > > > > > I have a 95 Integra and every so often, whenever I turn on the ignition > > > after its been sitting for a few hours, it begins to kind of "rev" > itself > > > up. After a few minutes (5 or so) it smooths out and thats when I shift > > > into > > > gear and go about my business. > > > > > > It does this no matter if its winter or summer. I've tried using Fuel > > > Injector Cleaner and that seems to help a bit (maybe its just in my > head) > > > but it still hasn't gone away fully. > > > Its got about 95K miles on it. Automatic. > > > > > > This is my first car so I am pretty inexperienced. Any help is greatly > > > appreciated. > > > > > > Thanks! > > > -RG > > > > > > > > Check the coolant level in the radiator (engine cold, of course). It's a > > Honda/Acura thing, that if the coolant gets a little low in the system the > > sensors aren't consistently bathed and drive the ECU nuts... which usually > > shows up as unstable idle. > > > > If the coolant is low, you need to find out why. Oh, come on, you knew you > > weren't getting away so easily! > > > > Mike > > > > > >
Reply to
Rabid G