Rear caliper pins frozen on 1993 Acura Vigor GS

A few months ago I noticed that my rear brakes were rubbing on my

93 GS. I finally had time yesterday to pull the wheels to make a diagnosis. The inside of my rotor is smooth and shiney while the outside is rusted. It turns out the caliper pins are completely seized. I assume that these are supposed to pop right out as they do on the front calipers? The pins don't move at all. Is there any way I can remedy the problem? I noticed that the pins are mounted on a bracket. Is there a way to replace this bracket? I tried spraying penetrating oil on the pins to see if I could get them to move but they appear to be gulled up too badly. One of the pins is missing a rubber boot. Any ideas on how I can replace these pins and possibly the sleeves as well?

Thanks!

Reply to
joshbilsky

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1191166569.598228.250460@

50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

See here for the whole brake tutorial:

See here for sprcifics on your seized pins:

Any more questions, post back here.

Note: those missing boots are bad bad news. You MUST replace them. And NEVER use penetrating oil on your brakes. It won't help.

Reply to
Tegger