Regarding ATF Drain-n-Refill

I have 04 TSX/AT,
I'm going to get parts from dealer for the Tranny (AT) fluid Drain-n-Refill cycle, regarding this job:
1) Besides ATF-Z1, what parts are required ?
2) How much ATF is needed for this whole job ? 3) How long a distance to drive between drains ?
thanks

Nothing.
About nine quarts. Three will drain each time.

Around the block is fine.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

BTW, do you still have your Owner's Manual? It's all given in there.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
"Tegger"

well, I may be wrong, but I doubt the manual mentions the process but even if it does I doubt it goes into these details that I'm looking for because after all this is meant to be performed by "technicians" no ?

It's in there. I just checked.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
rking wrote:

My reading of the manual is that the tranny ends up being drained four times with this method. I like to use a new drain plug washer when I do this routine. The last time I did our Accord I went through about 12 quarts in the four rounds. Five minutes of driving between each drain should be plenty. Try to take a route which lets the tranny work through all the gears.
"John Horner"

So you use one new washer for the ENTIRE 4-round cycle or one new for EACH round ? and does dealer sell these washers ?
thanks
says...

RKing,
Do you or did you live in Clearwater, Florida? I've lost touch with a friend who has the same 1st initial and last name.
Thanks,
Bob

You don't EVER have to use a new washer.
Re-use the damned things for sixteen years if you want.
Just re-torque correctly each time and you're fine.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

And don't be shocked if it takes about 100 foot-pounds to get the drain bolt out. That's how I usually tell if its the first time it is getting changed.
'Curly'
rking wrote:

I just put a new washer on for the final fill. Yes, dealers normally have them.
John