removing starter on 1990 Acura Legend! HELP!

The top bolt on the starter looks relatively easy to remove. I just can't figure out how to get to the bottom one so I can remove and replace the starter.
I've thought about pulling the starter motor apart, since it looks like if I pulled out the smaller of the two "cylinders" that contains the armature, brushes, etc. I would have a clear path to the bottom bolt. Is this the best strategy? While I am pretty confident this method would work to remove the old one, I am concerned about whether this is the best way to install the new one since there is a chance the armature will pull away from the spring-loaded brushes.
What's the standard method for removing the starter and reinstalling a new one?

On my 94 Integra,I had to remove the air filter box(cold air intake now!) and tubing to the throttle body to gain access to the lower starter bolt.Also,the lower bolt's threads were longer and much harder to break loose than the top bolt.I had to use a 3/8 breaker bar and a 14mm socket,it was very tight.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I replaced the starter on my 90 Legend Coupe AT without disassembling it. Sorry I can't remember any other details. Best of luck.
6-8 inch extension with socket and a long ratchet
David Short Acura God