Removing tray above cupholder in 2002 RSX

Hi - I want to install an aux jack along the back wall of the tray that sits on top of the cup holder. However, I can't figure out a way to get the jack to the back of the hole I've drilled - my fingers
won't fit back there. The easiest way would be to remove the tray, and I've tried doing this, but I get to a point where the only thing that seems left to do is some pretty extreme prying, and I don't want to break anything unwittingly. Does anyone know how to remove just the tray? Or know of any online resources? I've tried clubrsx with no luck. TIA!