replacing the antenna mast

I am having problems getting the retaining nut loose in order to replace the antenna mast. i am trying to unscrew it with needlenose pliers, but they are
tearing the thing up. Am I doing something wrong?
--
vermillion

âś–

Wrong tool.
Check AutoZone/Pep Boys/Kragen, etc.
Also check bicycle repair shops. They use similar sockets. Here's one like that which you could grind down to fit:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/bicycle_socket.jpg
It's for some Shimano thingy or other (I forget).
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–