replacing the antenna mast

I am having problems getting the retaining nut loose in order to replace the antenna mast. i am trying to unscrew it with needlenose pliers, but they are tearing the thing up. Am I doing something wrong?

Reply to
vermillion

vermillion wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.carstalk.net:

Wrong tool.

Check AutoZone/Pep Boys/Kragen, etc.

Also check bicycle repair shops. They use similar sockets. Here's one like that which you could grind down to fit:

's for some Shimano thingy or other (I forget).

Reply to
TeGGeR®