RSX Replacement Key

So I lost my key - the one that works all locks. Guess it's called the master key? Anyway, can someone tell me the cheapest way to get a replacement? Is there an online source that's less expensive than buying from a dealer?

Reply to
STI Corp.

Pretty sure you'll have to go to the dealer, as in all likelihood there's a little chip (resistor) in the key that works with the anti-theft system in the car.

Tom S. Houston, TX

Reply to
Tom Simchak

Tom Simchak wrote in news:PLABj.348$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net:

actually,it's an RFID chip inside. (radio frequency ID) It gets interrogated and read by a transceiver near the ignition lock,it's code compared to what's stored in the ECU.

IIRC,GM is the one who uses "resistor" keys

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Let us know how much it cost ya or what kind of payment plan they set you up with.

Reply to
Grey-hound