RSX-S radio stayed on with the key in the off position

Once, when I turned the ignition key to off, the radio stayed on. Also, I closed the rear hatch and locked the doors with the key fob and the radio
turned on.
Any ideas what's wrong?
Thanks,
Dave M.

It's possible the connection to the accessory bus (the "ignition sense" wire) is not contacting well any more. We see this a lot in our 2-way radios at work when the installer doesn't make a good connection at the fuse block. The wire in our radios (and maybe yours) is looking not so much for the voltage but for the transition from voltage to not voltage, and being open allows them to do what they want.
If it's a factory installation I don't have any more advice, but if it is an aftermarket installation I'd advise looking at the connection where the radio is wired into the car. If they are those squeeze (parasite) connectors I recommend replacing all those buggers with something else... anything else.
Mike
I'll bet you are very close to the problem. I recently replaced the accessory fuse and radio fuse with the correct values. After the last problem with the radio coming on, I pushed on the fuses to make sure they were seated properly. The problem hasn't replicated itself after that. This might have nothing to do with it, but it's an intermittent and I'll post back to you in a little while.
--
Dave M.

Most recent retrofit updates and experiments, etc: