run flat versus regular tires

My Lexus '06 GS300 came with run-flat tires, they hold the road well and the tire pressure sensors work well too, having detected a 5 psi difference between one tire and the others. However, they are
expensive, apparently don't last as long as regular tires, and give a harsh ride. For this reason, when the time comes, I would like to consider replacing them with regular tires. If I go to my Lexus dealer, he'll try to talk me out of it, I know, and if I go to an independent tire dealer, I am not sure they will care whether I get the right tire for the car or not, nor will they give a hoot about my tire pressure sensors that must be recalibrated after each tire change. Any ideas out there?
kitzler wrote:

I think you should post to a Toyota or Lexus group as they have lots more people using run flats. I don't think any Acura sedans come with run flats. You do know that Acura is part of Honda and has nothing to do with Lexus, right ?
John