Shopping For A Used Integra Or RSX

Hi,

I am shopping for a car with either a 2000-2001 Integra or

2002-2003 RSX being front runners. I loved my '95 Integra which met its unfortunate demise on Monday. Any advice on which years/options are good/bad? It must be manual.

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary Brown

"Gary Brown" wrote in news:dbmBi.866$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe03.lga:

Collision?

you are aware the Integras have a high theft rate? my 94 GSR was stolen June 29th,stripped and burned. Install a hidden fuel cutoff switch!!!

the best is the GS-R,all years were excellent,96-01 has the OBD-II diagnostics. AFAIK,all GS-Rs are manual.

On the RSX,the -S option is the desired one. IMO,they are ugly compared to the Integra.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

get an 05 or 06, they look better then the older RSX's

Reply to
James

You will have to pry my cold, dead fingers off my '97 GS-R!!!

Sorry, just had to do that. I drove the newer RSX (2 different ones) and could not wait to get back in my tegger. Remember to check maintenance if you find a used Integra with 90k or more for timing belt change. it may take a while, but I would either go with the Integra or possibly a TSX if you can find one in your budget range. Good luck in your search, and patience is a key factor. I almost bought something else when I got my Integra, and right about the time I was going to give up, one showed up in Auto Trader at a Honda dealer here in Austin. I would not let them have it back after I took it off the lot for a test drive.

Reply to
bozo

My 2002 RSX is fantastic, and I love it. Looks a hell of a lot better than one of those old integra heaps.

Just kidding - sort of - I really do love my rsx, and think it's a lot sweeter than some of the integras out there, but this is JUST MY OPINION. Don't rely on my opinion, form your own. Please. If you use my opinion, you may be subject to various user fees and be subject to recall, or lack of recall, whichever comes first.

Reply to
Yoda

Yoda wrote in news:2007090422205975249-yoda@Dagobahnet:

As I've said before,in my opinion,the RSX looks like they pumped air into an Integra body and puffed it out,gave it some "mean-looking" headlights. The Integra is lower,wider looking,sporty,while the RSX looks like those Hot Wheel toy cars they give little kids to play with. Or,the RSX looks like those futuristic cars in the movies,that get closer and closer to an egg shape.

Just put the two side-by-side and see.

What the Integra needs is at least 2 liters displacement(some torque!),a limited-slip differential,and a well-designed cold air intake that draws from the front of the car and will not suck up water.(and I would have a LED taillight array like the newer Hondas have,but with amber turnsignals,and a real bright-LED CHMSL,mounted up high like they are supposed to be mounted!)(was rear-ended twice in my GSR.)

the only down side to an Integra is that they are STOLEN far too often.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Yea, yea, yea. Heard it before. My RSX still rocks. Wouldn't trade it for an integra, no way, never. Not going to happen. Who cares anyway - relax! You've been trolled! (sorry)

Reply to
Yoda