should I use synthetic oil?

I have an '04 TL with about 94k miles. My service station said that if I go 5-6k miles between oil changes (by following the car's oil use monitor) I should use synthetic oil.
What are your thoughts on this??
Thanks!!

Take a look under the hood of your car. Somewhere -- on the air cleaner box, underhood sticker, etc. -- there will be a mention of the factory's specified motor oil.
What does it say?
And do you still have your Owner's Manual?
--
Tegger

Yes I have the owners manual - didn't know if having 94k on a 7 y/o car made a difference, assuming the factory's specified oil is standard oil.

It makes no difference at all. You can keep using the specified oil with the change interval your monitor says to use. 94K miles is nothing for a properly-maintained modern engine.
If you wish to use synthetic, that's a /definite/ bonus, but it's not absolutely needed.
--
Tegger

If you can afford the upgrade go for it.
--
Airport Shuttle

'' (http://www.yourcityride.com )