Some A**Hole Tried to take me HID 's

I have a 2001 TL.I come visiting a friend and cops are by my car. I see one headlight hanging out and my windshield shattered. Neighbors caught them
taking my lights and they jumped on my windshield. My question is - Does anyone know of any way I can possibly protect my lights? If not Im thinkin about just getting rid of it.

Some people do just get rid of the vehicle, but there may be alternatives. A good first line of defense would be an auto alarm that responds to the car being touched.
Mike
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:48:10 -0700, "Michael Pardee"

My first thought was that he needs to move to a better neighborhood, but maybe that's too simple a solution?
--
Dan.

I think so - whole metropolitan areas seem to be at risk. One post (from Seattle?) was lamenting the 4th loss of HIDs from his Acura or Honda - I forget which - while it was in a parking lot. He was done with the battle.
Oddly, when I was single I lived in an area of Oakland, CA, where the police would not stop at night (no exaggeration; I could tell you *such* stories). My apartment was repeatedly burglarized while I was at work, including three times within a two week period, but my car was never disturbed although it was parked on the street. Dunno why, except maybe the expectation of a horrible death to anybody who was caught by the owner when trying to mess with a car.
Mike
Mike

It IRKS me when people suggest moving to a "better neighborhood". As if anyone can just up and move,or that a "better neighborhood" will keep his vehicle from being burgled.
Garaging the auto will keep it from being burgled,but he probably does not have that option,either.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Sad when you have to dump a car because thieves may strike it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Aren't you just as worried that they'll go after the new one too?