Spare key-TL

2007 TL
Is it possible to have a spare key made (a thin one) that can be carried in the wallet?
I am unsure because of the chip in the key.
If "thin" spares are not possible, what is a good solution to the
spare key issue, besides hiding one in a magentized box under the car?
Thanks

For other cars (hope it works with the TL) a popular approach is to keep a "thin" key to unlock the car and hide a working key inside the car.
Mike
On Sun, 27 May 2007 08:09:33 -0700, "Michael Pardee"

So then, if I have a thin duplicate made of the electronic key, that one will just open the door (I hope). Then I hide a real one inside. Hope it works! Thanks

One popular solution is to not lose the thing in the first place.
<kick me, I'm a smartass>
--
I only talk like that in the movies