Spare key-TL

2007 TL

Is it possible to have a spare key made (a thin one) that can be carried in the wallet?

I am unsure because of the chip in the key.

If "thin" spares are not possible, what is a good solution to the spare key issue, besides hiding one in a magentized box under the car?

Thanks

Reply to
Tilsip

For other cars (hope it works with the TL) a popular approach is to keep a "thin" key to unlock the car and hide a working key inside the car.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

One popular solution is to not lose the thing in the first place.

Reply to
Yoda

So then, if I have a thin duplicate made of the electronic key, that one will just open the door (I hope). Then I hide a real one inside. Hope it works! Thanks

Reply to
Tilsip