squeak

1990 Acura Integra 3 dr.There is a squeek coming from the right front of my car. It goes away a little when I turn to the right. If I jack the car up then let it down it goes away for about three blocks,also if I
let the car sit for a few days it goes away then comes back after a few miles. Any ideas? Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Larry Dennis) wrote in

Have the lower balljoints checked out. This is a classic sign of one that is seizing.
If you delay getting this looked at, you risk... http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/lowerballjoint/index.html
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
You just described the other symptom that it had,a pull to the right.
Is this a do it yourself job? Is the balljoint easily accesible? A friend at a wrecking yard can get me the whole hub assembly for 17.00 would it be easier to just do that?
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Larry Dennis) wrote in

Are you replying to _my_ message? Can't really tell.
The balljoint is NOT a DIY job as far as removing it from the steering knuckle goes.
Do not use a steering knuckle from a wreck. It will have the same potential problem.
Remove your original knuckle from the car, bring it to a garage with a 20 ton press and get them to press in the new balljoint.