Squeeky Wiper Blades

Any secret cure to the noisy wiper blades? Silicone spray, perhaps?

--
"Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face."
- Confucious

I have found when my blades chatter that they are old an getting hard, then I replace them. This is providing your blade holders have not been twisted. Silicon spray would make a hell of a mess I would think.
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:23:03 GMT, Al Slocumb let slip this dark secret:

I paid $50 a year ago for those fancy Canadian Tire Reflex blades. They are the best I've ever had.
Should I expect to change blades every year?
--
"Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face."
- Confucious

Try cleaning them with window cleaner and a paper towel. You will probably have to work at it a bit for them not to show black on the towel any more, and that might help.
Mike
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:36:00 -0500, Humma Kavula

Depends. I have a fancy set of teflon insert blades I use during rainy season. In spring when the chance of rain is less, I change to a set of regular blades and let them bake in the sun all summer. Once rainy season starts again I change back. Since the winter blades see very little sun I expect they should last quite a while.