Squirrel or Rodents Chewing on Wires

The engine malfunction light on my 06 TL came on this week. I took her in to be checked and it turns out that either a squirrel or mouse had crawled under the hood and chewed the wiring to the 02 sensor, causing
the malfunction. Car ran like crap needless to say.
My service guy says that this is a pretty common problem and that the new wiring is wrapped with something that doesn't appeal to the little buggers.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.