SRS indicator warning came on

The SRS indicator light is on constantly in my 2000 TL. I'm considering 1) a piece of black tape 2) taking the car to the dealer. Any other ideas?

Reply to
Ron Jones

"Ron Jones" wrote in news:mbyxf.27279$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

Every time you turn the ignition on, the SRS computer does a power-on self- test of itself and its circuitry. If anything reports out-of-range or doesn't report at all, the light will come on.

In short, a fault has developed in your SRS system, which includes the seat belt pretensioners. The dealer (or qualifed independent garage) will be able to scan the SRS system and determine what part has set the error.

Until then, there is a possibility that your SRS system is non-functional. If that's not an issue for you, you could just invest in a bit of black tape.

Reply to
TeGGeR®