Starter??

Hi all , I have a 1999 2.3 CL and the starter is acting up. Every so often when I try to star I just get a click noise, after several try's it starts.
Is the starter failing or is there a separate solenoid switch somewhere. Starter looks like it is a pretty straight forward job, but I am not a auto mechanic. I am an electrician so is this something I should tackle or leave it to the dealer? How much?
Thanks Jim

I don't know if this specifically would apply to your model,but I had this happen on my 94 Integra GS-R. the solenoid contacts had eroded to a point where they would not make contact consistently.
see the pix here; http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/Nippondenso.html
I ordered a $30 PPD kit from them and rebuilt the solenoid,it gave years of service after that....until the car was stolen last year. The hardest part was getting one of the starter bolts loose;it had frozen and access was limited.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik