temperature gauge

can anyone tell how to fix my temparature gauge in my 92 integra it doesnt move at all it stays in cold all the time. where can i find the sensor or what could the problem be???? thanks for your help

Add pictures here
âś–

It doesn't rise even a tiny bit even after long driving? Then it's probably the gauge sender in the head.
The sender unit is a single-wire thingie immediately to the rear of the heater hose outlet in the head under the distributor. It has a round connector with a yellow/green wire going to it. (Do not confuse this with the ECU temp sensor, which is larger, has two wires and is rearwards of the gauge sender!)
Remove the connector and perform these checks: 1) With the engine cold, resistance between the sender's center pin and a ground should be at least 142 ohms. 2) With engine fully warm (at least fifteen-minute drive), resistance between the sender's center pin and a ground should be 49 to 32 ohms.
Also check for broken and/or disconnected wires. A car this old can be a real question mark when it comes to wiring integrity.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
no it stays in the same place all the time i drove it to san francisco and it didnt move at all. ill try what you said hopefully it works thanks again TeGGeR® wrote:

Add pictures here
âś–
thanks for all your help i fixed my car thanks agian TeGGeR® wrote:

Add pictures here
âś–

And you did it...how? Please advise. By giving details, you're helping others who might have the same problem and come across this thread.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
well i fixed the problem by following the green and yellow calble that is under distribuitor. teh yellow and green cable was not connected properly TeGGeR® wrote:

Add pictures here
âś–

A common problem with older cars. Glad you got it fixed.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
by the way thanks your info helped alot thanks again
TeGGeR® wrote:

Add pictures here
âś–