Test drove an RDX...what's the big deal?

With all the great stuff I read here and on the various sites ("It will pin you in the seat!"), I was expect it to jump out at me and it just didn't.
In high school, a buddy's father had a '72 LT-1 Corvette...that f**ker pinned you in the seat.
I see comments that it's overpriced and I would tend to agree. I'm going to test the MDX, too, but the Pilot is still at the top of my list right now.

The much more maneuverable RDX is going to run circles around a Pilot or MDX, but obviously these are SUVs, not sports cars. If you want overpriced, look at the BMW X3.

The RDX is never going to do that, I haven't even driven it, but most anything with VTech or turbos (or both!) is going to deliver big power only after a pollution-limiting delay and probably higher RPM, did you have a chance to get the engine up into that range?
Even my Accord 4-cylinder, when the revs get into the vtech range above 4k, suddenly feels a lot faster. Add a couple of turbos to that, and I imagine it would be fun. Problem is finding a use for it in normal driving, it's not there right when the red light turns green.
J.

Yes, I got the rpms up, but there wasn't anything special going on up there

Well, I don't know, I can never tell, by the time you get the revs up in so much as second gear, I find myself pushing the local speed limits. Which is why I'm happy with the (non-turbo) 4, I guess.
J.

What vehicle do you have? I owned a 2002 RSX Type S and the RDX accleration seemed in line with that.

Just an AccordEX4 right now, drives better than my 1999 CL6 did, even if the CL had a few more horses.
J.

Why not buy an Odyssey? The Pilot is just an Odyssey with a less useful SUV-style body. Need AWD, get an AWD Sienna.
Toyota's RAV4 and Honda's CRV are doing rather well; they deliver pretty good value. The V6 RAV4 moves out well but Corvettes have nothing to fear. If you think about it, why would you want a fast SUV? High center of gravity, lots of mass; pretty much the opposites of a sports car.
IMHO, one reason to get a "fast" SUV is to handle steep mountain roads with some passing power in reserve.

Russ Panneton snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Nederland, CO "Too bad ignorance isn't painful"

The RDX is agile and fuel efficient enough to be an every day car (unlike a monster SUV). If you're driving the car every day, who doesn't mind a little more speed sometimes.

Um...isn't the sticker fuel mileage on the RDX and MDX pretty much the same?

No, it is not NEARLY as fuel efficient as any number of mid-sized cars; say a Honda Accord.
If you're driving the car every day, who doesn't mind a little

Buy a vehicle with a manual transmission and learn how to drive.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

It all depends where you live and drive. I bought an automatic instead of a manual because the last 5 minutes of my drive to work and the first 15 minutes of my drive home, are stop and go traffic. Been there. Done that. Don't want to do that again.
snip . I bought an automatic instead

What, no auto Accords at your local dealer? Or any number of normally aspirated 4 cylinder vehicles with AWD, if you think you need AWD.
All of you who bought an RDX know that a Subaru WRX Si can run rings around your lumbering SUV, right?

Nah, I test drove the 2007 CRV and did not like it. I have a 2006 CRV right now and I don't know where Honda is going with the '07. It sits lower than my 06 and has less cargo space so that's out. It drove well, but that's because it's more like a Civic than my 06 is.