Thinking about a 300C, 300C AWD, TL, RL. Experiences please

Page 2 of 2
Steve, You must live in a very exclusive part of town to see so many 86 Chrysler Lebaron's. But all means buy the 300C. BTW, your life is the sum
of your past experiences. Why some day you may even be married for 20 years, who knows.

Joe wrote:

Or maybe they just last longer than Honduhs.

If my previous Chrysler products actually needed replacement... I would!! (Actually, I'd buy a Magnum- I like the styling better).

Uh. Yeah. Maybe the price of tea in China is up this week... or not.

I had an '84 Chrysler 600ES - essentially a LeBaron - with the Mitsubishi 2.6. It was a terrible car. The windows didn't fall down, but the driver's window jammed every few months. Far, far worse was the Mitsubishi power train... don't get me started. The chassis was no blessing, either. I spent an entire day tracking down a wiring short in the lights to find it was a wire in the passenger door that had been banging against a metal edge until it cut through the insulation. The headliner started to fall nearly the day the warranty expired. The CV boots lasted nearly 4 years, so I guess I shouldn't complain much. But I traded the car and got nearly nothing for it when it was 6 years old and needed a new timing chain. Step 1: remove engine. The clearance in the car was not enough to remove the timing chain cover, and remounting the engine required a special alignment jig to prevent destroying the torque converter from misalignment (that happened to a friend's 600). It was obviously designed by people who wanted it to sell and didn't care what the ownership experience was after that.
Maybe they have changed their ways, but I'd be a fool to take the chance.
Mike