Tire recomendations?

It's time to get 4 new tires for my 2004 TL. Any recomendations for the Western NY area winters? I was leaning towards the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S
or Nokian WR's? Any thoughts?
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:30:23 -0400, Murph let slip this dark secret:

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry

I'm in Hilton (near Rochester).....
I've recently mounted some 235/45-17 Pirelli PZero Nero M&S on my 2004 TL. Before that, I was running 235/45-17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's. The Pirelli's are quieter and almost as good at dry handling as the Michelins. The Michelins are exceptional handling tires and great in the snow. The reason I went with the Pirellis is to see if I could give up a little in handling to gain some better wear (I got 24,000 miles with the Michelins -- but that may have been somewhat due to the alignment), a little bit quieter tire and not give up to much (hopefully) with winter grip. I can't speak to the Pirelli's in the snow yet. We'll see. If they don't give me the advantages I was looking for, I'll go back to the A/S's as they were exceptional tires in sow, wet, and dry.
Anyway, the Pirellis are pretty good so far but I miss the exceptional handling of the Michelins (we'll see about the snow). The $60 less per tire for the Pirelli's helped with the decision.
I thought the Pirelli PZero Nero were summer only tires?

I believe you are correct. TireRack puts them in the "maximum performance summer" category .... list N/A for Winter traction.
On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:09:32 -0600, Curtis Newton

Not the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S's -- which is what I bought. They are Ultra High Performance All-Season Tires. See them here: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=PZero+Nero+M%26S&vehicleSearch=true&partnum45VR70NMS&fromCompare1=yes&place=4
You're probably referring to the Pirelli PZero Rosso Asimmetrico -- which ARE summer tires.