Tire Recommendations?

Specifically, I have a 1.7 EL (2001) - and I'm thinking of replacing the tires soon. size is 195/60 R15. Currently, I have the Bridgestone
685's. I'm thinking of replacing them because I've driven through a LOT of nails and have had to seal a lot of nail punctures on the tires. and today, I finally got fed up when I had to seal another one - and noticed that ALL FOUR of my tires have had punctures.
The wife would feel more comfortable with new tires - but at the same time, we're on a tight budget. Do you guys have any recommendations on best tires for their price? (Best bang for the buck?)
Love to hear from you guys. I don't know about MotoMaster (for those in Canada) - I'm from Vancouver BC so I'm just wondering what your thoughts are.
--
MooCow

Not specifically, but in general my experience with soft high performance tires with low treadwear ratings (Goodyear Eagles and Bridgestone Potenzas) is that the soft tread compound picks road debris and punctures often. Our '02 Prius with Potenzas has had 4 punctures in the two years we have had it, more than our other three cars have had in the four years we've lived here. The Potenzas have a treadwear rating of 160... boo!
Mike
MooCow wrote:

Best tire for the price?
I highly recommend Falken ZE-512 tires. Check out the tire ratings at www.1010tires.com. I had these tires on my '99 Integra and would definitely buy them again. BTW, I also live in Vancouver, BC and I bought the tires from Volko (on Marine Dr.) and I think KalTire also sells them.

I used the 205/50R15 ZE-502's for a month on my Civic (until it was stolen from my driveway) and it was a night and day difference from the stock 175/70R13's. As far as handling, they were very much up to the job. The brakes would fade before the tire, and you had to WORK to get them to let go on a corner.
Nate

TireTrends is also a really good place for ordering - they're located in the GVA I believe.
I bought Goodyear Assurance TripleTred for my Acura Vigor (205-60-15) and love them! I passed Toronto winter without a problem. Cornering in dry is great, never hear a squeal from these tires and when it rains or pours, it sticks to the pavement no problem. I paid 123$CAN/tire but it was worth every penny. I highly recommend them. They are highly rated on tirerack.com

On Tue, 10 May 2005 19:41:34 -0400, Nightdude wrote:

--
"I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
- Slartibartfast