TL error code

I've got a 2007 TL Type S.

Error message on the DIC is B12. Like the vitamin.

I googled for error codes, but almost all of them dealt with the radio.

So, can anyone inform me what this code means, and where to look in the future for error codes.

Thanks.

Tom S. Houston, TX

Reply to
Tom Simchak

Tom Simchak wrote in news:1QPxl.14244$8_3.7252 @flpi147.ffdc.sbc.com:

What dashboard light is on?

Reply to
Tegger

It's not a dashboard light, per se. The driver information center has this message at start-up. It's located under the speedo.

The actual message is "Service Due Soon B12"

Tom S. Houston, TX

Tegger wrote:

Reply to
Tom Simchak

Tom Simchak wrote in news:scTxl.15221$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi146.ffdc.sbc.com:

That's not an "error", that's your Maintenance Minder. It's telling you that you're due for a "B" type service, with sub-items 1 and 2.

Service "B" includes an oil change, plus inspection of the brakes and some other components.

Sub-item 1 is tire rotation. Sub-item 2 is engine air filter replacement and a couple of other things.

This is all described in great detail in your Owner's Manual.

Reply to
Tegger

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Reply to
tww1491

Perhaps I misnamed the code. My bad.

I didn't know the codes were in the manual. No other vehicle I've owned had the codes printed out.

Thanks for your assistance.

Tom S. Houston, TX

Tegger wrote:

Reply to
Tom Simchak

Tom Simchak wrote in news:og6yl.13418$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi149.ffdc.sbc.com:

The Maintenance Minder and its coding is fairly new (last couple of years?). Prior to the Minder, the Owner's Manual always listed a time/mileage schedule chart, with different schedules for Normal and Severe service.

Better get used to the new system. It's going to be around for a long time.

Reply to
Tegger