TL Type S brake pads

Good afternoon--
I have a 2007 TL Type S. A couple of months ago I had to replace the brake pads as the original ones were getting pretty thin...or so I was
told by the dealership. Car had 25K miles, and I do NOT drive it like I'm in an auto-cross.
The car has Brembo brakes, and (so I was told by the dealership) therefore only Brembo pads can be used on the car.
Just replacing the pads...no turning of rotors, was pretty durn pricey, so...I'm trying to get so more facts and info at my disposal.
Is 25K miles right? Is the only place I can get replacement pad from Acura?
Info, comments, welcomed.
Tom S. Houston, TX

I have no comparison per se. The 01 Prelude I had was still on its original pads when I sold it at 67k miles. Our 03 Pilot went 75k on the originals cost to replace $300 for front and rear with no rotor turning required and I am still on my original pads on an 06 Accord coupe EX I4 at 52k. I guess you pay a price when you drive an Acura along the lines of a BMW. Fortunately, the Acura dealer in our area is over hour's drive away which makes servicing a problem -- someone has to follow you to drop the car off and then take you back etc. etc-- at least that was my experience with them a few years ago. The Honda dealer is just down the street and had great service. Makes the decision easy.

A Google seach would reveal numerous on-line parts stores that sell Brembo parts. However, your car does NOT require Brembo pads. There are lots of less expensive alternatives. Time to find an independent mechanic, eh?
25K miles? Wow, that's not many miles for someone who pays attention to their driving.

ACAR wrote:

Thanks for your comments. Finding a "good" mechanic is the issue.
Tom S. Houston, TX

I called my dealership when I was nearby asking if they could take a look at my brakes just because I was nearing 30K and was in the neighborhood. He told me to call back at 50k. '06 TL non-S.