Trim part for 2004 TL

The small trim part that makes up the trailing end of the door handle on the passenger side fell off our car. It's lost. The driver's side has a key lock in it, I believe the passenger side does not. It's about 2 inches long, and appears to snap onto the fitting.

What can I expect to pay for a replacement..?

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Larry in AZ wrote in news:Xns9CA87771E3DDDthefrogprince@69.16.185.247:

About ten or fifteen bucks.

Your dealer will likely have to order it, as such a part is not normally stocked. Delivery is usually next-day.

Reply to
Tegger

OUTER+HANDLE&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no&systemcomp=Body/Air%

Thanks for that..! I might have been able to smoke out the part myself with lots of searching, but someone here, often yourself, comes through much quicker...

Reply to
Larry in AZ

I hate to say it but it may not have fallen off. Some people have been modifying their cars, replacing the drivers door piece with new one from any of the other doors (without a hole). I've seen lots of people on the acurazine forum asking for the part number to order the correct color part without a hole. May be someone was to cheap to order and helped themselves to yours. I get the impression that they have to be pried off to replace them.

I hope I'm wrong!

Reply to
NoMoreRGS

My car is rarely anywhere unattended for long, but I can't say that didn't happen. Thanks for the info...

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Hi Larry,

At least two of mine fell off while washing the car. I had the first replaced under warranty, the other ones, I just glued back on and never had any more issues. It was clearly a design flaw on the early 2004 TLs.

Cheers,

- Russ in Santa Barbara

Reply to
RL

Glade to hear it's unlikely taken and may have come off by itself. Maybe the replacement part has be modified to correct the problem. When you replace it see if the new one stays on well. If not the base of later models may have been improved upon to fix the problem.

They are attached firmly on my 2005 TL. I wash and wax it myself by hand and see no sign of them coming loose.

The guys changing the driver door part with the non-holed part have to pry it off if/when their remote battery goes dead. It hardly seems worth while to make a such a small cosmetic modification that at some point makes you use your key to pry the trim to get access to the lock it covered.

Anyway, good luck!

Reply to
NoMoreRGS